Get Out Get Active (GOGA) Challenge!
Colleen Lindholm | April 13, 2015
Put a little step into your spring by participating in the Get Out Get Active (GOGA) Challenge! Challenge yourself to get active from April 27 – June 7, 2015, trekking your way through an African Safari adventure!
Along with nine Edmonton and Area Primary Care Networks, the Camrose PCN has a fun way for you to work towards a healthier you!
The 2015 Get Out Get Active challenge is a 6 week on-line program for all ages which keeps track of your physical fitness activities (walking, running, swimming, basketball, cycling, etc.), and then turns them into steps, which then “virtually” takes you on an African Safari. Participating is easy and totally free and you can win great prizes along the way! Not only will you be working towards a healthier you – but by logging your steps and activity regularly at www.GetOutGetActivePCN.com. – you will be eligible for the 2015 Get Out Get Active Grand Prize of a "African Themed" gift pack!
By being a part of a larger regional initiative this year, the Camrose PCN annual virtual trek will operate a little differently. Individuals who live in the Camrose PCN catchment area will join under the Camrose PCN group and compete individually against other the Edmonton area PCN teams. Participating PCN's include Alberta Heartland, Camrose, Edmonton North, Edmonton Southside, Edmonton West, Kalyna Country, Leduc/Beaumont/Devon, Sherwood Park/Strathcona County, St. Albert and Westview.
Starting April 13, you can register for this free activity challenge. Registration is simple. Go to www.GetOutGetActivePCN.com. Beginning April 27th, start keeping track of your fitness activities and log onto www.GetOutGetActivePCN.com regularly to enter your steps! While participants are welcome to use a pedometer or other step tracking device, the on-line program will also calculate other activities such as swimming, biking, basketball etc. into steps so all fitness activities can count towards your steps.
Each of the participating PCN's will be doing some local initiatives for the challenge. The Camrose PCN is happy to once again partner with Augustana Fitness Centre who once again will play a substantial role to the success of the challenge!
- KICKOFF EVENT: Kicking off the Camrose PCN Get Out Get Active Challenge will be the first ever Camrose Outdoor Zumba Class! The class will be held in the far east Camrose Recreation Centre Parking lot at noon, Monday April 27th. First 50 people to the event will get a free Trek T-shirt! (sizes are limited – first come first serve).
- TRY A WORKOUT – FOR FREE! For everyone that registers for the Get Out Get Active Challenge - Augustana Fitness Centre is providing 6 (six) free drop in passes which can be used anytime throughout the challenge (ends June 7th). Printable coupon will be provided when you register at www.GetOutGetActivePCN.com.
- #SAFARISELFIE CONTEST - We want to see you keeping active throughout the challenge! Send us photos of your activities - the more creative the better! Each photo you send will get you entered into a draw for an Augustana Fitness Centre full year membership! Some ways to get your picture to us:
- Tweet photo's with the hashtags #GOGASafariSelfie and/or #WinAugFitPass,
- post on Camrose Primary Care Network Facebook page,
- email to: email@example.com or
- drop off at Augustana Fitness Centre at the Camrose Recreation Centre.
- ** (by providing us a photo – you are giving us permission to post on our Bulletin Board, website and social media sites)
- MONDAY MOVERS! To help kick-start your week, join some Camrose PCN and Augustana Fitness Centre team members for a quick 30 minute lunch time walk. Meet each Monday outside the Camrose Recreation Centre for a 12:15 – 12:45 walk outside. A great way to meet new people and putting a step into the right direction of having an active week!
Visit www.GetOutGetActivePCN.com for more information on the challenge and put a little step in your spring trekking your way through an African Safari adventure!
For more information, please contact:
Colleen Lindholm - Communications Lead
Camrose Primary Care Network