The Camrose PCN Exercise Specialist Program is available to all patients of PCN physicians who require assistance with being physically active. Currently access to this program is focused on patients referred for Chronic Disease Management (CDM) and Fall Prevention.
- Patients will start at least level progression
- Lesson plan starts at their current fitness level and then progresses
- Lesson plan is adapted as individual improves.
- Patient participates in supervised exercise: Supervised Exercise Classes and/or One-on-One Appointments
- Once patient has completed level one and two, and/or one-on-one appointments, their options include:
- Continue working on their own – meet monthly with exercise specialist
- Transition to Healthy Living Centre programming and classes as appropriate
- Some patients repeat the classes if there is benefit to be gained
- Transition to community exercise classes/programming - they choose to be active and are self-motivated at this point
Through accessing this program, patient receives education on:
Contact the PCN
- Benefits of exercise
- Safe and Effective Exercise Technique
- How to make safe and effective choices about active lifestyles
- Components of an exercise program
- How to monitor intensity of exercise
- Effects of exercise on heart rate, blood pressure and blood sugar levels
or talk to your doctor.