About the Program:The Camrose PCN Exercise Specialist is available to all patients of PCN physicians who require assistance with being physically active. Currently, access to this program is focused on patients referred for Chronic Disease Management (CDM), including Parkinson’s Disease, and Fall Prevention.
What to Expect:Clients participate in supervised exercise classes for:
- General mobility and strengthening
- Parkinson’s Exercises
- Repetition of the class if there is benefit to be gained
- Transitioning to community exercise classes/programming if clients so choose
- Benefits of exercise
- Safe and effective exercise techniques
- Making safe and effective choices about active lifestyles
- Components of an exercise program
- Monitoring intensity of exercise
- The effects of exercise on heart rate, blood pressure, and blood sugar levels
For more informationContact the PCN or talk to your doctor.
Additional ResourcesMyHealth – Fitness & Exercise
At Home Exercises for Those with Parkinson’s 1
At Home Exercises for Those with Parkinson’s 2