Palliative & End of Life Care Navigator ProgramPalliative and End of Life Care is special medical care for adults and children diagnosed with a serious illness that will shorten their life (a life-limiting illness). This type of care is focused on helping you to be comfortable, with the best quality of life possible. The care is given by a palliative and end of life care team that works with you, your family and caregivers, and your family doctor. You all work together to make health care decisions that are right for you.
There are many supports available from a number of different providers so we have created the Palliative & End of Life Care (PEOLC) Navigator Program to help patients with life-limiting illnesses and their families access the care that they need, when they need it.
HOW IT WORKS:
- Your doctor, healthcare provider, family or caregiver can refer you into this program.
- You can also self-refer by calling the PCN. Once you’ve been referred, the Navigator will contact you to set up a meeting.
- What you can expect from the Palliative & End of Life Navigator Program:
- The Navigator operates out of the Camrose PCN West End Clinic.
- The Navigator will listen to you about what you need to improve your quality of life and help you find the supports that fit your needs.
- The Navigator can refer you to programs from a variety of sources including the Camrose PCN, Alberta Health Services, and the Hospice Society of Camrose and District, etc.
- The Navigator will keep your family physician and healthcare providers informed about your care plan so that you don’t have to go through it multiple times.
- As time progresses, you can see the Navigator to access more or fewer supports and to update your care plan as needed.
- How to access:
- To self-refer, call the Camrose PCN at (780) 608-4927 ext. 2000 and ask for the Palliative & End of Life Care Navigator
- Talk to your family doctor or healthcare provider
WHERE ARE WE LOCATED?Camrose PCN West End Clinic
6540 48 Ave T4V 3A3
Phone: (780) 608-4927 ext. 2000
Fax: (780) 608-4931