Employment / Volunteer Opportunities
In-Patient Care Program Liaison Nurse (Registered Nurse)Reporting Structure: Camrose Primary Care Network Clinical Director
FTE: 0.2 FTE
The Camrose In-Patient Care Program supports community family physicians in delivering coordinated, quality rural in-patient care with the support of hospitalists and other health care providers.
The Camrose In-Patient Care Program provides generalist inpatient medical care to patients across all five (5) units (excluding obstetrics) at Covenant Health, St. Mary’s Hospital in Camrose, Alberta. Participating hospitalists work with a multidisciplinary team including nurses, pharmacists, physical/occupational therapists, dietitians, and social workers to deliver program services.
The program also provides outpatient follow-up for both attached and unattached patients and further supports unattached patients in finding a family physician.
Reporting to the Camrose Primary Care Network (PCN) Clinical Director, the In-Patient Care Program Liaison Nurse functions as an integral member of the Camrose In-Patient Care Program team. The liaison nurse will work in collaboration with hospitalists to ensure appropriate discharge planning and case management practices are applied to hospitalist inpatients. Using clinical expertise and experience in discharge planning, the liaison nurse collaborates with physicians, patient care managers, clinical support areas, admitting/transition services and emergency, to optimally manage hospitalist patients.
QUALIFICATIONS/FORMAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING
- Graduate from an approved Nursing program. Baccalaureate of Nursing considered an asset
- Combination of experience and education will be considered
- At minimum, 3-5 years of in-patient medical nursing experience
- Experience working collaboratively with Hospitalist physicians an asset
- Experience with discharge planning, case management
- Strong understanding of the continuum of care from community to acute care to rehabilitation to alternate community options;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including ability to elicit information and gain support;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- Excellent ability to manage multiple priorities;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure;
- Demonstrated excellence in working collaboratively; and
- Strong commitment to quality patient care.
While all responses will be appreciated and handled in strictest confidence, only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.
Patient and Family AdvisorThe Camrose Primary Care Network believes in the importance of listening to patients and families. Meaningful conversations help us practice what we value and increase our health system’s safety, transparency, and accountability to our residents.
At this time, the Camrose PCN is seeking Patient and Family Advisors: people who have personal experience with our services and want to give input, perspective, and engagement to help us give the best care possible.
We are specifically looking for Patient and Family Advisors in the following fields: Prevention and Chronic Disease Management, Obstetrics, Geriatrics, and the Camrose Inpatient Care Program (Hospitalist Program). If you’re interested, please view the full listing here.
Please note: The obstetrics patient advisor position has been filled.