Employment / Volunteer Opportunities
CAMROSE PRIMARY CARE NETWORK – Health Coach (LPN)Location: Daysland & Forestburg, Alberta
Number of Positions: 1 casual
Vision: The Camrose Primary Care Network supports family physicians in delivering coordinated, quality rural primary care with the support of other health professionals and enhances the physicians’ capacity and quality of life.
What does quality primary care mean to you? For the Camrose Primary Care Network (PCN), it’s about providing greater access to primary care for an increased number of residents living in the Camrose and surrounding area. If this is in-line with your values, an opportunity as a Health Coach is waiting for you.
As a Camrose PCN Health Coach, you will be working within physician clinics as a team member providing comprehensive primary care services to their patients. As a contributing team member, you will liaise with family physicians, nurses, healthcare professionals, patients and community stakeholders to enhance the patient’s primary care experience, improving clinical outcomes and ultimately the patient’s health and quality of life. Your role will also ensure timely patient referral to appropriate primary care programs and services in response to identified patient needs, issues and concerns. You will also contribute to increasing efficiency in the family physician’s office.
Working within a multi-disciplinary team committed to comprehensive primary care requires you to focus on providing expert clinical care to manage the primary care needs of individuals and families in the Daysland and Forestburg communities. The successful candidate will therefore have advanced knowledge and decision-making skills in assessment, diagnosis and clinical management.
Qualifications: A Licensed Practical Nurse with expertise in the clinical environment of primary care and current active registration with an applicable licensing body. Recent formal/informal education and experience in the areas of prevention, chronic disease management, health assessment, client self management and leadership is highly desirable.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter to:
Melissa Berg, Clinical Manager, Camrose PCN
Suite 4 Edgeworth Centre
4512 - 53 Street
Camrose, Alberta T4V 5K4
Please note: The Camrose PCN thanks all interested applicants in advance however only suitable candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Strategy & Operations Associate
Location: Camrose, AB (0.4 FTE) & Wetaskiwin, AB (0.2 FTE)
Number of Positions: 1
FTE: Temporary (0.6FTE)
The Camrose Primary Care Network (CPCN) and Wetaskiwin Primary Care Network (WPCN) seek to fill a part-time (0.6FTE), temporary Strategy & Operations Associate (SOA) position. This senior role has overall responsibility for providing high-level administrative support to the Executive Director and Clinical Managers, as well as to the Board of Directors, Governance Committee, and member physicians and key stakeholders. Responsibilities include:
- Supporting the integrated stakeholder engagement plan and board relation efforts through consultation, strategic thinking, teamwork, and creativity
- Support the implementation and enhancement of the Patients Medical Home model of care within both PCN’s.
- Support internal and external operational communication planning
- Responsible for the implementation and evaluation of the PCN’s regular reporting responsibilities
A diploma (completion of a 2-year post-secondary program) in administration or business administration is required (a comparable combination of education and experience would be considered); post-secondary education is preferred.
- Experience as an Executive Assistant
- Advanced minute-taking skills and high-level writing
- Experience with a Board of Directors considered an asset
- Experience in strategic planning activities considered an asset
- Advanced knowledge and applicable skill in Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with Electronic Medical Records not required, but a plus
- See “big picture” opportunities and impacts and plan for them accordingly
- High level of integrity
- Supports the Patients Medical Home concept
- Strong skill set and proven ability to interact effectively with various stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
This position reports to the Executive Director of the CPCN and WCPN. More information about these organizations can be found www.camrosepcn.com and www.wetaskiwinpcn.ca.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 9th, 2020. Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to:
Christie Sharun, Executive Director
Camrose Primary Care Network
Wetaskiwin Primary Care Network