Employment / Volunteer Opportunities
Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse (In-Clinic Health Coach)Location: Hardisty Medical Clinic
Employee Class: 0.4 FTE
Date Available: To Be Determined
Rate of Pay: Salary will be determined by qualifications and experience
The Camrose Primary Care Network (PCN) exists to meet the primary healthcare needs of Camrose and Area through collaborative, comprehensive team based patient care.
The Camrose PCN has 42 Camrose PCN Family Physicians and 29 Health Care Professionals serving over 34,000 people, are located in the communities of: Bashaw, Camrose, Daysland, Forestburg and Hardisty.
The Camrose PCN is currently seeking an experienced Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse (In-Clinic Health Coach) to work as part of a multidisciplinary team at the Hardisty Medical Clinic as a Health Coach focusing on prevention, chronic disease management, women’s health and obstetrics.
This position is accountable to the Camrose PCN and will report to the Clinical Director.
How to Apply:
Email submission is preferred. Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to Colleen McKinstry, Clinical Director at Colleen.Mckinstry@camrosepcn.com.
This posting will stay open until a suitable candidate is found.
Patient and Family AdvisorThe Camrose Primary Care Network believes in the importance of listening to patients and families. Meaningful conversations help us practice what we value and increase our health system’s safety, transparency, and accountability to our residents.
At this time, the Camrose PCN is seeking Patient and Family Advisors: people who have personal experience with our services and want to give input, perspective, and engagement to help us give the best care possible.
We are specifically looking for Patient and Family Advisors in the following fields: Prevention and Chronic Disease Management, Obstetrics, Geriatrics, and the Camrose Inpatient Care Program (Hospitalist Program). If you’re interested, please view the full listing here.
Please note: The obstetrics patient advisor position has been filled.
Primary Care Nurse – Prenatal ClinicLocation: Camrose
Position: Part Time 0.4FTE
Job Summary and Reporting:
- Reporting to the Camrose PCN Clinical Director, this individual is responsible for providing nursing support to the Prenatal Clinic within the Obstetrics Initiative of the Camrose Primary Care Network (PCN).
- Prepare and give gestation appropriate teaching information, forms and handouts to patients, ensuring patients understand the content of this information;
- Data gathering and review of patient’s medical and social history as outlined on the Alberta Prenatal Obstetrical form;
- Obtain and review labs, ultrasounds and reports relevant to patient’s care. Record all available findings of labs, ultrasounds and history on prenatal record, with attention to abnormal results being brought to attending physician’s attention, and any action required;
- Review lifestyle issues relevant to pregnancy and individual patient health (e.g. Nutrition, exercise, medications, weight gain, mood, family dynamics, etc.) and make recommendations/referrals to appropriate supports based on current practice guidelines and clinical policies and procedures; and
- Completion of a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing from an approved health care program is required.
- Current CARNA Registration is required, along with at least 3 years nursing experience, ideally working with families who are within a perinatal period.
- Proficiency using MS Office programs and EMR applications would be considered an asset. Superior clinical skills are required with the ability to work within a multidisciplinary team-based collaborative practice environment. Demonstrated high degree of judgment, initiative, critical thinking and autonomous decision making is required.
- The ideal candidate will be precise, accurate, and demonstrate high attention to detail in all aspects of work. Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively is necessary, as well as strong organizational skills and proven ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines in a highly challenging environment.
Application Deadline: Friday, December 7, 2018
Please email a copy of your resume and cover letter to:
Colleen McKinstry, Clinical Director