Prevention and Chronic Disease
What you should know...
- The Camrose Primary Care Network (PCN) Prevention and Chronic Disease Management Program offers support for clients seeking help to manage health issues such as COPD, smoking cessation, pre-diabetes, diabetes, high blood pressure and high cholesterol, weight management and to prevent the complications that may arise from these chronic conditions.
- The goal of our program is to work alongside clients to provide support and empower them to make healthier choices. We value our clients as an important member of our team to make the best health plan!
- There is no charge for the program but a referral from your family doctor is required.
How it works...
- Your family doctor will refer you to the Camrose PCN Prevention and Chronic Disease Management Program where a team of healthcare providers will assist you in managing your health concerns.
- Your initial visit will take about 1 hour and you have follow up visits that can take up to 1/2 hour.
- During your visits, you will work together with us to make a health plan that is just right for you. We also continue to work with your family doctor to provide you with the best care.
Who you may see...
- The Camrose PCN Prevention and Chronic Disease Management Program team consists of a registered nurse, pharmacist, dietitian, exercise specialist, behavioural health consultant and your family doctor.
- Other healthcare and community providers may be consulted and referred to when needed.
- Your family doctor for regular follow up visits.
For more informationContact the PCN or talk to your doctor.
Additional ResourcesMy Pain My Way
TOP - Toward Optimized Practice
Canadian Diabetes Association
Heart & Stroke Foundation — Atrial Fibrillation
When Life Gives You Parkinson’s
Sphygmo: A New Blood Pressure App