Grief and Bereavement SupportWe all face loss, eventually. And often we – along with our friends, co-workers, and family members – are not sure what supports are available. PCN physicians and staff have recognized there is an opportunity in the community to develop a program for individuals facing loss in their lives. The PCN, with the Hospice Society of Camrose & District, offers one-day Bereavement and Grief workshops four times throughout the year.
This workshop is for people who are coping with grief and loss, as well as for people interested in becoming “grief helpers:” co-workers, family members or even physicians and health care professionals supporting people going through a loss.
Participants will learn:
- How to be a companion/grief helper to someone who has experienced a loss.
- The importance of integrating loss into our own lives first.
- That everyone’s grief journey is unique & that we all grieve differently.
- How to recognize signs of complicated grief.
- How to access appropriate community resources.
Additional Resources for Palliative and End of Life CareCamrose Hospice Society Volunteer Brochure
The Hospice Society of Camrose and District
Canadian Hospice Palliative Care Association
Canadian Virtual Hospice
Alberta Hospice Palliative Care Association
AHS Palliative and End of Life Care
Additional Resources for Grief and Bereavement SupportHSCD Placemats