How it works:Food and nutrition plays an important role in the prevention and management of chronic diseases. Our dietitian provides individual counseling for the management of kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and weight. To support your commitment in achieving a healthy lifestyle, we want to equip you with reliable nutrition information to assist you in achieving your health goals!
What you should know...
- Food and nutrition plays an important role in the prevention and management of chronic disease.
- Our dietitian provides counseling for the management of kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, diabetes and weight.
- Our goal is to work alongside clients to provide support and empower them to make healthier choices.
- We encourage clients to be an active participant in choosing the lifestyle changes that will help them reach their health goals.
- There is no charge for the program but a referral from your family physician is required.
How it works...
- Your initial visit will take about 30 - 45 min and follow up visits that can take 15 - 30 minutes.
- During your visits, you will work together with our dietitian to make a healthy lifestyle changes. We also continue to work with your family doctor to provide you with the best care.
For more informationContact the PCN or talk to your doctor.
Additional ResourcesHealthy Food Checker
Healthy Eating Resources
Healthy Eating Starts Here
Canada Food Guide
Dietitians of Canada
Canadian Diabetes Association
Nutri-eSTEP Nutrition Screening