How it works:
- As soon as your pregnancy is confirmed, you may start accessing prenatal services.
- You may self-refer into the prenatal program, or your physician may refer you on your behalf.
- The Prenatal Clinic is held Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- During your visit, you will be seen by the prenatal team. The team carefully monitors you and your growing baby throughout your pregnancy, and provides opportunity for conversation regarding any concerns you’re having about your pregnancy.
- The Camrose PCN Prenatal team also works together and collaborates with and/or refer patients to the obstetrician or other specialists and community providers (i.e. Public Health), as needed during your pregnancy.
- As your big day approaches, the Prenatal Team will need to see you more frequently to check on how things are going. They will see you at minimum once per month during weeks 0 to 28; every two weeks during weeks 28 to 36; and every week from week 36 until you deliver.
- If you do not have a family doctor, you will be assisted early in your pregnancy to find one so you can more easily access postpartum care for you and your baby after discharge from the hospital.
- To self-refer to the Camrose PCN Prenatal Clinic call 780.608.4927, ext. 2000 or visit us at the Camrose PCN West End Clinic located at 6540 - 48 Avenue in Camrose.
- Talk to your Family Doctor or healthcare provider
Where are we located?Camrose PCN West End Clinic
6540 - 48 Ave T4V 3A3
For more informationPlease contact the PCN.
Camrose PCN Prenatal Clinic is Expanding its Services!
Additional ResourcesPregnancy and birth:
Health Parents Healthy Children
BC Women's Hospital & Health Centre
AHS Ready or Not
Alberta Network for Safe and Healthy Children
Health Canada, consumer product safety
Car Seat Safety
Family Violence Information Line
Child Safety Seat Training
Women and Cannabis
On-line Prenatal Class:
Lamaze for Parents
International Breastfeeding Centre
La Leche League
Breastfeeding Made Simple
Breastfeeding and Nutrition
Kids and Parenting:
Camrose Family Resource Centre – A Parentlink Centre
Caring for Kids Home
Encyclopedia on Early Childhood Development
Nutri-eSTEP Nutritional Screening
Parent Link Centre
Birth and Babies